With so much focus and attention paid to your air conditioning unit, it can be easy to look past the main area of control for your unit – your thermostat. While your air conditioning unit needs essential maintenance and inspections, it is equally important to ensure that your thermostat is of working order. After all, an improperly adjusted thermostat can cause wild fluctuations in your temperature settings, making for an extremely uncomfortable home and sky-high utility bills. Our Charlotte NC HVAC experts at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning can assist you in making sure your thermostat is up to standard.
With our experts on your side, you can be assured that your thermostat is of the highest quality. A thermostat utilizing the latest technology has many benefits of an older model. A digital thermostat can effectively regulate temperatures much more accurately than an older mercury-based model, meaning you can set your selected temperature and be assured it will stay at that. With older models, dust or debris can sometimes settle in the thermostat and disrupt the temperature setting, causing unnecessarily high utility bills. With a digital thermostat, comfort comes first.
Many thermostats today are even programmable, allowing you to set different temperatures for different times of day. No longer will you have to worry about coming home after a long day’s work to a hot house full of stagnant air. A programmable thermostat can keep your home comfortable all day long.
Thermostat installation and repair can be a complicated issue, so you shouldn’t attempt to tackle this task alone. Our reliable air conditioning experts can service your every thermostat need today. With any comments, questions, or to schedule a thermostat installation today, give us a call or contact us online today.
Categories: Thermostat air, air conditioning, analog thermostats, charlotte, charlotte hvac, charlotte nc hvac, cold, conditioner, cooling, digital thermostats, north carolina, programmable thermostats, thermostat
Want to get the most out of your heater this winter? Make sure your windows and doors are properly sealed to prevent those cold drafts from ruining your comfort and making your heating system work overtime. The following tips can keep you toasty and save you money on your heating bill:
- Older windows are especially drafty. You can coat your window panes with special plastic sheeting designed to keep the heat in and the cold out.
- Use window curtains as an additional layer of protection against draftiness.
- Seal the open edges of your doors with weather stripping from the hardware store.
- Use store-bought or homemade draft stoppers and door sweeps to prevent cold air from coming through the bottom of your doors. You can make your own draft stopper by filling a fabric tube (or old t-shirt) with dried beans or popcorn kernels.
For an annual inspection of your heat furnace and overall heating system, contact your trusted Charlotte NC HVAC company. An HVAC technician, through preventative maintenance, can address any potential heating system issues before they become larger problems, providing you with peace of mind and warm winter comfort.
As winter creeps ever closer and temperatures begin to fall, it’s important to plan a heating bill savings plan in advance. There are several steps you can take to lower your bill every month, and our Charlotte NC heating company can help.
- Start wearing socks or slippers. A good amount of body heat escapes through the feet, and when you walk around barefoot, it can result in a lower body temperature and more trips to the thermostat. Simply getting in the habit of having something on your feet can raise your body temperature, and lower your heating bills.
- Create your own body heat! As tempting as sitting around the TV on a cold winter day is, it will make you even colder. Be active! Take a jog on your treadmill or work out alongside an exercise DVD to keep your blood moving.
- Seal your doors – and your fireplace. Carefully feel the area around your doors and windows. Feel cold air coming in? Seal it off! Sealing off unwanted drafts in your doors, windows, and fireplace can reduce heating bills drastically.
For more information on heaters, or to upgrade your heating system, call our friendly heating service in Charlotte NC.